The FlowMatic III is an advanced Automatic Cluster Removal controller, suitable for milking cows, goats and sheep. It provides a visual display of milking time and milking progress. Furthermore Kick-off detection is available.
The main function of the FlowMatic III controller is to determine the correct time for automatic cluster removal upon completion of the milking cycle. This guarantees udder health and avoids over-milking or premature cluster removal.
Variations in milk flow are detected by an In-Line ‘”Free Flow” milk sensor, converting these into electrical resistance variations, which are continuously monitored by the FlowMatic III controller. When milk flow remains below the 300 cc/min for a preset time, Automatic Cluster Removal (ACR) will start. ACR will cut-off the vacuum to the milking line, and the cluster will be removed by a vacuum cylinder. This double action is performed either simultaneously (known as “Standard cluster removal”) or sequentially (known as “Phased-” or “Delayed cluster removal”).
FlowMatic III controllers have been specially designed to control Cluster removal in the event of a cluster Kick-off. This ensures no noticeable decrease in vacuum capability and preventing the ingress of dust or contamination into the milking line.
The FlowMatic III (with new type PCB) can optionally be controlled remotely with a wired remote control box, providing the same functionality and signalisation as the FlowMatic III controller itself. This makes milking very convenient in -for example- double up parlours.
- Accurate measurement of milk flow and display of milking time, milking progress and incomplete milking
- Unrestricted milk flow due to free-flow sensor design, ensuring no effect on vacuum stability and milk quality
- No additional air inlet and/or generation of froth in the milk
- Accurate automatic cluster removal
- Adjustable indication of time before cluster take off is performed
- Adjustable time delay between vacuum shut off and removal of cluster
- Quick cluster pick up and indication at “Kick-off”
- Quick installation (settings by means of software)
- Clearly marked keys for start/stop milking and stimulation operation
- Well organised display with information and warnings
- Manual/Automatic cluster removal
- Optional Remote Control or automatic start (lift&go, swing&go, rotary, external start button)
- Optional operation of a stripping arm
- Automatic start up in wash mode
- No additional cleaning fluid required due to the free flow sensor design
- 12 Volts DC ±20%